Welcome to emily lauren designs, where you will find unique, handcrafted jewelry and wearable art.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Patti's necklace

As I think you heard the other day, we've been fussing with this one for quite a while. I knew the brooch that would be perfect for you - it's small enough but very pretty. The center is a deep gray color and the leaf-like radials have little clear rhinestones. I made sure to make it a little shorter than Sarah's. Here's a picture of the final incarnation:




Here's a closer view of the brooch:




All of the chains used are also vintage, and are really quite unique. I think they fit well with the brooch because they are elegant but certainly not over the top. The 2nd and 4th chains are exceptionally brilliant from futher away, while the other three have really nice patterns that you can see closer up.



For the back, I put links with crystal which aren't vintage, but fit really well with the brooch stylistically. There are four of these larger hoops connected by the links as well as a decorated "S" clasp to allow micro adjustments to the length.



Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment